HISB: Don't be sad.


Whenever people tell me that they are depressed, there's this one question keeps popping in my head looking for an answer; what's the difference between being sad and being depressed? Erm. Erm. I guess when you are sad you can still be hopeful and determined. But whenever you get depressed...you feel generally hopeless, defeated and stop to care about reality. Erm erm.
The thing is; depression always starts from being just sad. It's just that when your sadness lasts longer than what it should be...then you need to do something. See a doctor or.. just do something!!

The last time I was in a depression state was a long long time ago, in my early 20s, when I was still at Penn State. I didn't feel like meeting people. I didn't feel like socializing. I didn't feel like eating. I didn't feel like doing anything. Alhamdullilah, I managed to save myself from being more and more depressed just by guling-guling in the room alone. Hahaha. Bodoh jugak sebenarnya. Because it's not a right thing to do. Tapi sihat je lepas tu. =P

Then after Uni, OK lah macam tak pernah depressed. Last time rasa depressed sebab banyak assholes kat universiti. Hahah. After uni, I TRIED to choose my friends wisely. I tried ok. Haha. Of course lah ada sedikit sebanyak terkenal beberapa assholes. Hehe. But these assholes usually don't make feel sad. They make me feel angry. Very angry. Haha. So whenever I'm angry, I just cry to let the steam out. Dan masih kawan dengan assholes itu semua cuma tidak rapat. Dan selalu paksa diri to feel indifferent towards them. Because I would rather conserve my energy than hating someone. Yep, the feeling of hatred practically has to consume your mind and body. So my logic is, why should you waste your energy for assholes? Right?

And truth to be told, it's kinda hard for me to get very very sad. Sad, yes. Very very sad, no.

What is my coping mechanism?

Senyum seindah suria yang membawa cahaya.

Because I read somewhere, if you smile,you actually fool your brain to think that you are happy.As a result, the brain will release all the happy chemicals. PROFIT!! I think it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
If you believe in something, it's more likely to happen. Remember it's all in your brain. Hehehe. Or maybe the easiest way out of sadness/depression is..to redha or pasrah.

Do you know what is the difference between redha and pasrah?

Redha itu ikhlas. Pasrah itu menyerah.


HAHAHAHA TERIMA KASIH OMBAK RINDU.

Ok enough of this so-called "let's get motivated" entry. This entry is actually for me. Sebab kalau bukan kita nak motivate diri sendiri, siapa lagi kan? I miss babbling bout serious stuff on my blog. Because in real life I'm not that serious. *truestory.jpg*

Good night!