HISB: Why "My heart is broken"phrase should be taken seriously.

Apparently a broken heart is literally a broken heart and it's called Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. You know that sudden painful feeling that you get when someone you love so dearly tells you that he/she doesn't love you? That same feeling, when someone you love passes away. The secret behind this syndrome; it's triggered by emotional stress.


A is a heart with this syndrome. B is a normal heart.

The sadder you are, the more susceptible you are to experience this heart failure. I'm not sure if this syndrome is experienced by all. But whenever my heart is broken, I usually tell that person who breaks my heart "Hati saya sakit" (well when I said hati, I meant HEART not LIVER!). And yes I actually feel the pain. Does that mean I have some sort of coronary problem? Ermm..maybe not, because my kind of broken heart is mended rather quickly. Maybe if the painful feeling stays for quite sometime, then something should be done. I guess.

So yeah, don't take "My heart is broken" lightly. It can get serious. Because the syndrome is real. Take care of your heart. Manage your stress. You're in control of your life. So take charge!

Heee. Sekian terima kasih.

Source: Wikipedia